Sunday 14 August 2011

prints charming skirt


Well, this is rapidly turning out to be the blog of bad photography - the curse of the time-poor! But I wanted to post about this skirt which I just finished last night... I bought a pack of Prints Charming offcuts from Kelani at the craft show (hmmm, craft show - actually, there were too many teddy bears, beads and scrapbooking stuff for it to be completely fab) and I then followed the fantastic instructions on this great blog, as well as the pattern-making instructions in Sew What Skirts which are very easy and produce really good patterns. The fabric pack had some great bits in pink and blue but in the end I decided to stick with these three colours - I'm thinking I might wear this to work so I didn't want it to be too loud (I already get comments when I wear red tights to work...). Just did the hem and the waistband with bias binding and it fits so well it doesn't need a top fastener.
I've lost my crafting mojo of late so this was a welcome return to form, and finished quickly enough to give me the satisfaction of a finished project - yay! I think this method has possibilities for using small bits of other beautiful fabric too...

No comments:

Post a Comment