Tuesday 3 February 2015

blog fail

Wow. I thought I'd forgotten the password to this blog, to be locked out forever (clearly I hadn't reckoned on google's epic feats of memory). So, yeah, its been more than three years since I've posted anything on here, not that anyone has seemed to notice.

Anyway, I did start this blog as a way to keep a record of things I've made. And I have made a lot of stuff in the last few years. I'll try and share some of it more regularly.

First, this quilt was started (ahem) a while back, to be finally finished some time late in 2014. There are a few tutorials around for quilts like this - I can't find the one I used, but this one from Jeni Baker looks good.

This is a work-in-progress that has (also) been a very long time coming. The original plan was to make a doona cover with large Anna Maria Horner triangles. But the smaller triangles, made with offcuts from the original large triangles, make perfect large triangles! So I'm going to blend them throughout in a kind of colour wash. Or something. Waiting for the next big block of time to take a swing at this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment